GreenMantra Technologies is currently hiring an experienced Project Manager to lead our new technology expansion project based on cutting edge intellectual property in the field of UP-cycling waste polymers into high value products. This position will be reporting to the Engineering Manager with a direct interface to the Vice President leading the project.
• The successful candidate would have a passion for clean technologies and working in an entrepreneurial environment. Taking ownership of new and challenging problems, with a goal of finding elegant solutions. Being a part of and helping to foster a hard working collaborative team environment.
• Strong, hands-on technical expertise based on a degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, augmented by ten years of experience in the relevant industries. The incumbent should be able to lead a team of internal staff and external vendors to be able to complete the project in stipulated time and budget.
• Interface with external vendors such as mechanical & electrical contractors and EPC contractors to finalize the scope of work.
• Proficient in negotiation with external vendors.
• Work closely with all internal project owners. Manage communication of project progress and status, including communication of assigned activities, with both internal and external (customers, vendors, contractors, partners, etc.) project team members.
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
• Ability to work with outside vendors for successful completion of project related deliverables including detail engineering, construction, start-up and commissioning.
• Able to prepare project scheduling, look ahead, forecasting delays and flagging out key action items and get them completed to avoid major delays in the project.
• Able to take input from all internal project owners and build a consensus to be able to complete the project in timely manner.
• Able to prepare high quality RFQ packages related to process, mechanical and electrical scope of work, go out for bid, technical and commercial bid evaluation to select a vendor and finalize negotiations.
Able to prepare and review (from external vendors) key engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, piping specifications and isometrics, design calculations, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, operation & maintenance manuals etc. and provide necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
• Prepare procurement specifications and lead procurement of major process equipment.
• Well conversant with operating principles of process equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, air cooler and compressors, etc.
• Validate and check vendors’ drawings for accuracy and correct any discrepancy between the drawing and scope of work.
• Participate and lead HAZOP, What If analysis and FMEA reviews.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with customers and members of the project team.
• Well conversant with the Engineering Standards such as API, NFPA, ASME, etc.
• Working knowledge of various disciplines such as electrical, structural, instrumentation and controls.
Education Qualification Required:
• Minimum 10+ years of progressive project management experience preferably related to chemicals, petrochemicals, oil & gas industries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or in Mechanical engineering is preferred.
• Experience in projects related to polymer engineering, ideally one or a combination polystyrene, polyethylene and polypropylene.
• Professional engineer designation in the province of Ontario or in the process of obtaining the license.
• Deep and thorough understanding of chemical and mechanical engineering fundamentals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of process safety methodologies: HAZOP, SIL, LOPA.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently when required.
• Competent to review and check work carried out by other engineers and external contractors.
• Foster a spirit of enthusiasm, client focus, team building and continual improvement.
• A focus on Quality, Operability, and Safety.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
GreenMantra Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please be advised that, because of high volumes of applications, we will only be able to respond to candidates who will be selected for interviews and will not respond to inquiries about the
process unless we initiate contact. Thank you for your understanding.