GreenMantra® Technologies is a specialty chemical company that has commercialized a patented and proprietary catalytic depolymerization technology to economically produce high-value industrial waxes, polymer additives, and other specialty chemicals derived from recycled plastic feedstocks using an innovative and environmentally friendly process. Through our proprietary thermo-catalytic system and patented process, we can cost-effectively convert waste plastics, including hard-to-recycle materials such as grocery bags and film, into high-value waxes and other specialty chemicals. We sell specialty wax products, marketed under the Ceranovus® brand name, for use in a broad range of applications in polymer processing, adhesives, coatings, roofing and paving, and other industries. The company is at the forefront of providing an environmentally positive alternative source for synthetic waxes, reducing reliance on traditional fossil fuels as a raw material. This helps advance progress toward the goal of a circular economy that responsibly reuses waste streams.
Location of work – Brantford, Ontario
Find out more at www.greenmantra.com
Greenmantra Technologies is currently hiring an intermediate Process Engineer to support new research and operations projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously drive safety, efficiency and quality in design, implementation, and management of projects.
- Work closely with all process owners. Manage communication of project progress and status, including communication of assigned activities, with both internal and external (customers, vendors, contractors, partners, etc.) project team members.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Ability to work with outside vendors for successful completion of project related deliverables including basic design, detail engineering, construction, start-up and commissioning.
- Able to lead or work as part of a team on chemical engineering projects of various scale and complexity.
- Process Design & Detail Engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, mass and energy balance, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment, piping etc. for tenders and for awarded projects.
- Prepare various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, operation & maintenance manuals etc. and provide necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- Prepare and issue RFQ’s, evaluation of vendors’ quotations, clarifications, technical bid analysis etc.
- Prepare procurement specifications and lead procurement of process equipment.
- Review vendors’ documents such as drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations.
- Well conversant with operating principles of process equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, air cooler, etc.
- Participate and lead HAZOP and FMEA reviews
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with customers and members of the project team.
- Well conversant with the Engineering Standards such as API, NFPA, ASME, etc.
Education Qualification Required:
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressive process design experience preferably related to chemicals, petrochemicals, oil & gas industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in projects related to polymer engineering, ideally polyethylene, polypropylene.
- Professional engineer designation in the province of Ontario or in the process of obtaining the license.
- Deep and thorough understanding of process and chemical engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of process safety methodologies: HAZOP, SIL, LOPA among others.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently when required.
- Competent to review and check work carried out by other engineers.
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm, client focus, team building and continual improvement.
- A focus on Quality, Operability, and Safety.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. GreenMantra Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please be advised that, because of high volumes of applications, we will only be able to respond to candidates who will be selected for interviews and will not respond to inquiries about the process unless we initiate contact. Thank you for your understanding.