GreenMantra® Technologies Ltd. is a rapidly growing clean technology company that utilizes a proprietary catalyst and patented depolymerization process to upcycle and transform recycled plastics into value added specialty polymers. Currently, we offer polyethylene and propylene polymer additives under the CERANOVUS® brand name and plan to introduce a new portfolio of polystyrene based polymers in 2019.
Our specialty polymers are used broadly in industrial applications such as asphalt roofing and roads, polymer compounding, plastic processing and inks and coatings industries. In each application, our products create value by improving the performance of our customer’s products, delivering lower formulation costs and enabling a more efficient manufacturing process.
GreenMantra has been recognized as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies in the 2018 Growth 500, as a Top 100 Cleantech company in 2017 and has received numerous awards for its innovative technology, including an R&D100 Gold Award for Green Technology.
We have established our first commercial facility in Brantford, Ontario. Currently we are expanding the capacity for our flagship products and are also growing our product portfolio with the installation of a new demonstration plant. The growth of our manufacturing capabilities is in support of our commercial success.
GreenMantra combines the excitement of working in an entrepreneurial environment with the challenges of a new and emerging clean-tech business. We are proud of our elegant chemistry and believe we have created a technology platform that will fundamentally change the use of recycled plastics and the world overall. To find out more about us, please visit www.greenmantra.com.
In support of our growing business, we are recruiting for a Plant Manager for our “green” specialty chemical manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Plant Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and optimization of the existing facility as well as managing the new production lines which will be coming on stream in 2019.
The roles & responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Employee and facility safety. This will include: employee training on Health and Safety policies as well as employee compliance with safe work practices
- Manufacture products in compliance with the Quality System. This will include: incoming materials, in-process products, and finished goods. Work with the Quality Group to address any quality concerns and support the evolution of the statistical process control (SPC)
- Operational Excellence. Strive to meet or exceed the targeted process metrics to optimize productivity. Key metrics include: uptime, yields and cycle
- Process Optimization. Identify areas for improvement and work collaboratively with the Engineering and Maintenance Managers to develop and implement corrective actions
- Recruit, attract, train and retain highly skilled process operators. Supervise these employees to ensure they work to process specifications
- Sales and Operations Planning. Actively participate in the S and OP process to assure appropriate inventories of raw materials through finished goods to meet customers’ orders will maintaining optimized
- Manage and assist in weekly, monthly, and yearly plant preventative and predictive maintenance routines
- Monitor department performance through the use of KPI’s and visual management systems
- Manage the Management of Change (MoC) process with the Engineering Manager
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly and yearly KPI reports for management
- Ensure the plant is organized, clean and operates efficiently using 5S and lean manufacturing tools
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a leadership role managing other people
- Previous experience as a plant manager in industrial or specialty chemicals processing environment
- Previous experience in managing operators, technicians and other skilled staff
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity
- Comfort with managing a 24×7 operations and the required level of support
- Working knowledge of chemical processing equipment and understanding of manufacturing processes as it relates to plastic extrusion and/or chemical processing
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in relation to a chemical manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education in Management or Engineering is preferred
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to weigh a variety of decision alternatives and provide a recommendation based on sound analysis
- “Can-do attitude” with strong sense of urgency in getting tasks accomplished
- Be able to demonstrate strategic business sense – do what is right for today and the future of the business
- Highly motivated, conscientious, self-managed team player, with experience working in a production team environment
- Proven technical competency with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a collaborative, driven team of skilled professional team
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. GreenMantra Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please be advised that, because of high volumes of applications, we will only be able to respond to candidates who will be selected for interviews and will not respond to inquiries about the process unless we initiate contact. Thank you for your understanding.